Tuesday , May 18 2021

# Vlakfontein's common anger overcomes the suspects in court



Fifita Hupa (61) and Ernest Mabaso (27) are charged with murder, rape and robbery. Image: Khaia Koko

Johannesburg – The drama broke out because two of the accused for the horrible murder of seven people in Vlakfontein made their first appearance, one demanding bail and the other bouncing.

Ernest Mabaso, 27, told Monday's Lenasia Magistrates' Court in Joburg that he would not file an official bail application, while Fifita Hupa asked 61.

Two people, the state states, brutally killed and buried the bodies of three adults and four children, the youngest of whom was a two-year-old boy.

Judge Maggie van der Merve, however, warned Hup that, because of the seriousness of the crimes of his confrontation, it was difficult to grant bail, and that he would be able to prove why he should be released.

Both defendants confirmed that foreign nationals, with Mabas Zimbabwe and Hup from Mozambique, who told the court that he had been in the country since 1975.

According to Phindi Myonondwana, spokesman for Gauteng for the State Prosecutor's Office (NPA), investigators still confirm the lawfulness of men's status in the country.

Both face seven counts of murder, while Mabasso faces another three charges of rape.

Both will also face theft for possession of suspected stolen goods.

It was an abandoned courtroom with family members and the community – who swore to the Accused – warning them not to leave "or we will deal with you."

Gauteng's security in the MEC community Sizakele Nkosi-Malobane was also in court, and she could hear the 61-year-old Hup: "I hate you".

Hupa simply looked around, clasped his hands and asked to forgive him, not to say for what.

It is believed that Hope was romantically involved in one of the women who killed and owned the house where the killings of terror occurred.

The 61-year-old was killed on Saturday in Dobsonville, Soveto.

Mabaso was also arrested on Saturday in Lebombo, Mpumalanga, near the Mozambican border with Mozambique after escaping there after being released from custody on Thursday because the police said "lack of evidence".

Gauteng SAPS spokesman Captain Mavela Masondo said on Sunday that the police managed to "re-arrest Mabaso, because now we believe we have a strong case against him and link him to the murders."

Mjondonnay repeated the views of Masonda, arguing that the state had a watertight case.

Both indictees will remain in custody until their next appearance on Monday, November 12th.

Star


Source link