Saturday , June 3 2023

Mascarello: "The chronic disease epidemic can be reduced by good habits"


SALTA (making) – u World Diabetes Day, the effectors, depending on the Ministry of Public Health, conduct across the province various dissemination, prevention and awareness, in order to increase awareness of the impact of the disease not only on the patient, but also on the family and promotes their participation in prevention, education and in the care of diabetics in Salta.

In this context, the healthcare provider, Rokue Mascarello, took part in a workshop for cooking suitable for diabetics organized by the Hospital Arturo Onativia, attended by more than 60 people, highlighting family involvement.

During the activities, the Minister emphasized the importance of incorporating healthy habits as a form of prevention because "the epidemic of chronic diseases, such as diabetes, hypertension or obesity, can be reduced by good habits."

He also emphasized the task and commitment of hospital teams to the community, which created room for listening and active awareness of patients' needs and problems, motivating them to develop proactive attitudes to care for the whole family.

For his part, expert on diabetes, Florencia Soto, explained that pathology has no drug, but can be prevented and treated. "It can be largely prevented through regular physical activity, healthy and balanced nutrition and the promotion of a healthy living environment. Early diagnosis and treatment are key to avoiding complications of the disease and achieving healthy results.All families are potentially affected by this pathology, therefore knowledge of signs , symptoms and risk factors for all types of diabetes is crucial for early detection. "

Situation in Salta

In the province, according to records of Diabetes Monitoring, some 8,000 people have been diagnosed with type 1 and 2 diabetes mellitus, who receive treatment, treatment and control in public health facilities.

In addition, it is estimated that there are 50% of patients who are not diagnosed, that is, they do not know about their situation, because diabetes has no symptoms and is only detected by blood tests or when complications occur.

It is estimated that between 10 and 11% of the adult population has type 1 and 2 diabetes, a percentage that reaches 20% when it comes to elderly people. Of the total number of people diagnosed, 90% correspond to type 2, and the remaining 10% in type 1.

On the other hand, diabetic patient education is a basic strategy, as only 30% of those who are diagnosed follow the treatment, monitor blood glucose levels and inform the doctor.

Activities continue until Friday

Today at 7pm, the City Council of Salta illuminates the blue tonality, as is done in many cities around the world, where monuments and symbolic buildings are illuminated to raise awareness of the disease population.

The community is invited to attend some blue or light blue clothes and slippers to participate in physical activity, as one of the ways to prevent diabetes is to avoid sedentary life.

In awareness-raising campaigns on diabetes, the blue circle is used as a logo, a color that in many cultures symbolizes life and health.

The World Diabetes Day was introduced in honor of Frederick Banting, a Canadian doctor, professor and researcher born on November 14, 1891. In addition to Charles Best, he discovered in 1921 insulin, a hormone that allows the treatment of diabetics.

Meeting in Guachipas

On Friday, the Guachipas hospital will meet health teams from various operational areas of the province to share experiences and receive training and updates on early diagnosis and treatment of diabetes, the silence of a disease that continues to increase worldwide. Activity will take place in the morning.

Source link