A Sydney policeman was charged with a previous investigation into a man now charged with sexually abusing a seven-year-old girl in a dance studio in a suburb of Sydney.
- A 31-year-old senior policeman is charged with investigating telephone calls from Anthony Sampieri
- It is alleged that a policeman interviewed Mr. Sampieri, before the alleged sexual assault on a seven-year-old
- He remains suspended from duty with pay and faces court in June
NSA police late on Wednesday accused the 31-year-old senior policeman four points to ignore his duties after Anthony Sampieri's alleged 15-minute attack on a girl at the Kogarah studio in November last year.
The allegations stemming from an internal investigation into the behavior of an elderly policeman stem from the "alleged abuse of the report on telecommunications offenses".
An internal investigation began in November.
It is alleged that a policeman, who is in the Kogarah police station, spoke with Mr. Sampieri last year – before the alleged sexual assault on the seven-year-old – about the lousy phone calls he was accused of being sent by Sidney's wife.
Speaking in November, deputy commissioner of the NSW police Jeff Loi said the Sampieri was "a danger to the public".
It is alleged that a seven-year-old girl was physically and sexually abused the g. Sampieri in the toilet in the dance studio building during the November 15 attack.
Two more men were intervening, and the police said one was stabbed several times in the stomach and neck, while the other man overturned the g. Sampieri.
In January, Mr Sampieri was charged with 11 serious offenses, including serious indecent assaults, abductions, and wounding a person with the intention of causing grave bodily injuries.
After further investigations, the police accused Mr. Sampieri for 87 new criminal offenses related to the alleged phone calls he sent.
A 31-year-old police officer is suspended from paying duties.
He will face trial in June.
law-crime and justice,