Friday , January 27 2023

Two arrested for using unmanned aircraft in case of Gatwick Airport in London


The British police said two people were arrested on Saturday morning on suspicion that it was a "criminal use of unmanned aircraft" in the case of Gatwick Airport, which caused a delay in traveling to nightmares for tens of thousands of passengers.

The police in Saseks did not release the age or sex of two suspects who were arrested on Friday evening and did not say where they were arrested. The two of them are not indicted.

Police chief James Collis asked the public in the Gatwick area to stay awake.

"Our investigations are still underway, and our aerodrome activities continue to build resilience to detect and mitigate further intrusions of unmanned aerial vehicles using a variety of tactics," he said.

New misconceptions about an unmanned aircraft on Friday caused new problems for airport passengers, which were re-opened in the morning after a 36-hour closure, only to hurriedly stop flights over an hour late in the afternoon on one of the busiest days of the year.

The flight suspension on Friday evening in Gatwick caused even more delays and cancellations, just as the season of tourist trips reached a peak. The permanent crisis of unmanned aircraft in Gatwick, 30 miles (45 kilometers) south of London, had the effects of a wave in the entire international air traffic system.

The latest detection of an unmanned aircraft came after British police and transport officials said additional measures were taken to prevent drones from falling into the airport, serving 43 million passengers annually.

Military forces with special equipment have been entered and the police units are working non-stop. Police said a sophisticated drone operation targeted the airport to cause maximum disturbances during a hurry to rest.

The motive for the invasion of unmanned aircraft was not clear, but the British police said there were no indications that it was "terrorism".

Gatvick was reopened on Friday after being closed on Wednesday night and all day on Thursday, after authorities announced that drones have repeatedly violated the perimeter of the airport, threatening safe incoming and outgoing planes.

Traffic Secretary Chris Gravelle said Friday that there were about 40 views of "a small number of drones" while the airport was closed. He told the BBC that the disaster of an unmanned aircraft in Gatwick "is unprecedented anywhere in the world."

Greiling said that additional "military capabilities" and a series of security measures were established overnight, but would not be developed. He said the airport was considered safe for flights on Friday, although the operator or trunks operators were not arrested.

Thursday's closure improved travel plans for tens of thousands of passengers, as it was predicted that 110,000 people would go through Gatwick that day.

After re-launching flying operations on Friday, the airport struggled to solve a large number of backward passengers and canceled, delayed or redirected flights. The number of passengers expected on Friday was even higher than the previous day, and about 145 of the 837 scheduled flights on Friday in Gatwick were canceled to solve the problem.

Then Gatwick's takeoffs and landings had to be suspended again as a "precautionary measure" after it was reported that the drone was detected at about 5:10 pm, airport officials said.

The airliners circled across London or sat at the gate of Gatwick, waiting to find out what would happen on Friday night before about 70 minutes later a new "all-clean" came back.

"The military measures we have at the airport have provided us with the insurance that is necessary for the reopening of our airport," the airport said to the weights of moments after flights were resumed.

Hundreds of passengers who stuck to Gatwick in the night before closing on Thursday described the freezing conditions while sleeping on benches or on the floor of the airport. Many complained that they were not informed about the redirected flights.

In the meantime, British officials were discussing whether a "tactical option" was available for the deployment of an unmanned aircraft because of the fear that such action might inadvertently hurt people on the ground.

"The shooting of an unmanned aircraft from the sky is probably one of the least effective options," said police chief Steve Barry of the Sussex police.

He said that the police believe that in the last two days there were about one drones operating around Gatwick and that it is possible that drones have been operated from quite a distance.

Source link