Tuesday , May 18 2021

Uber driver charged with 4 points of sexual assault

Uber's 38-year-old driver has been charged with the sexual assault of four women between December 2017 and October 2018, the Toronto police said.

Police arrested residents Vaughan on October 17, after months of investigation. He is charged with four counts of sexual assault and four charges of forcible detention, the police said in a statement.

The first incident, in which a 31-year-old woman was born, occurred on December 16, 2017.

Police said they responded to a call for a sexual assault on Blue Jai Vai and King Street West area. The woman, who was with her friends, ordered the drive to Uber about 2 hours. It was taken by a man who took her to the area and allegedly attacked her.

About 2 hours on Saturday, April 18, officers responded to a call for sexual assault in the Bloor Street West and Madison Avenue area. Police say the 19-year-old woman, who was with her friends, ordered Ubera to return home. She was caught and taken to a secluded area in which she was sexually assaulted. The woman fought against the attackers and fled.

In both cases, the police said that the Uber driver who picked up the woman was not the driver who was in charge of the download.

In a third incident, police on Monday, July 2, responded to a call for sexual abuse in Lake Shore Road East and Hurontario Street at around 2:40 am.

The police said that the 36-year-old woman was sitting outside the restaurant when a man in the car who offered her a ride approached her.

The wife was accepted and taken to the parking lot and sexually assaulted. She fought with a man and fled, the police said.

On March 2, October 13, police officers responded to a call for a sexual assault on Polson Street and Cherri Street.

The police said that a 35-year-old woman was waiting in a specific taxi area when a man parked nearby told her that Uber driver was and offered her help. She went past her destination and sexually assaulted her.

The woman tried to jump out of the car, but it was closed. In the end, she escaped from the attackers, the police said.

The Accused appeared in court on 18 October and the Second Court Court at Park College on November 27.

CBC Toronto contacted Uber for comments and it was said that a statement would be issued later.

Source link