Through a public statement, Enel Generación Chile, which operates in the Bocamina Thermal Power Plant in Coronel, announced in the afternoon that it had decided to present its exclusion for the formulation made by the Environmental Superintendent (SMA).
"Because of the above, the company has requested an extension of the deadline approved by the body," the company said in a statement.
"Enel Generacion Chile has implemented a series of environmental improvements in the Bocamina plant, raising the standard of governance, and sustainability is the central axis of the company's strategic focus," the company said.
During the day, the SMA notified that it had formulated allegations against the company for violating environmental standards in the Biobio region.
The projects being tested are the Bocamina Thermoelectric Central Extension (Second Unit), ecologically qualified through RCA no. 206/2007; "Expansion of Bocamine Thermal Power Plant", RCA no. 017/2010; and "Optimization of Bocamine Second Unit Thermoelectric Plant", RCA no. 128/2015.
Faults were discovered in the operation of two thermal power plants, Unit 1, called Bocamina 1 Thermal Power Plants (CTB1) and Unit 2, Bocamina 2 (CTB2) thermal power plant, at which a permanent Waste Water Quality Monitoring Program was established. , according to DS 90/2000
Based on the Environmental Report, the Superintendent revealed six facts that constitute an offense:
1. CTB1 did not report all the parameters listed in its monitoring program.
2. CTB1 did not register with the required frequency of monitoring.
3. CTB1 has exceeded the maximum level allowed for the Fecal Coliform and / or Total Suspended Solids parameter.
4. The CTB1 did not report the background associated with the necessary re-sampling.
5. The CTB2 did not report all the parameters listed in its monitoring program.
6. CTB2 did not register with the required frequency.
These offenses are classified as less, so the company can be subject to a written warning or a fine of up to 1,000 annual tax units (UTAs).
After informing about this formulation of the charges, Enel Generacion Chile S.A. will have a 10-day deadline to deliver the Compliance Program (PdC) and 15 working days to formulate its disclaimer.