A similar incident with Linky happened a month ago in the same city.
Monde.fr with AFP
Meter Linki, installed in front of the butcher shop in Chalette-sur-Loing (Loiret), caused a fire without injury, a month after a similar incident involving Linki in the same city. The fire brigade took place on Friday, November 9 at noon, towards firefighters and the police, confirming the information of the Central Republic.
"The origin of the fire is accidental", AFP told the police source. Owner of the premises "Boucherie du Center" she showed her intention to appeal against Enedis. His new meter was installed three months ago, in his absence. Witness videos show smoking figures. We see that the fire begins with a crack, then black smoke and finally flames.
This is the second time in less than a month that the Linki Meter is involved in the fire in this city of almost 13,000 inhabitants. On October 13, he had a panel in the pavilion for fifteen days "Blew up", according to her owner. The pavilion was severely damaged, and his two residents, a retired couple, were evacuated. "The current meter can not explode or spontaneously ignite"Enedis said.
There is nothing to date to determine the origin of the fire. The duty officer in the Enedis-Val de Loar Center said he was waiting for the results of the survey. "The meters are tested in the laboratory and do not explode, there is no breath effect," he said this box, declaring it only "2% of France's electric fires are due to counting tables, a number that has not changed for years".
By installing at a rate of 30,000 a day, Green Mail Anise is now equipped with 11 million households. The lawyer requests Enedis, a subsidiary of EDF, to cover the territory, or about 35 million meters by 2021. To date, 91,000 Linka meters have been installed in Loiret.