Thursday , June 1 2023

DBKL will convert 40,500 objects for non-payment of taxes next week


DBKL officers seal the assets of those who fail to settle the assessment tax. (Bernama pic)

KUALA LUMPUR: From next week, the City Hall in Kuala Lumpur (DBKL) will carry out extensive work on 41,503 commercial and residential premises in a city with an exceptional assessment tax of RM2.27 million.

DBKL Finance Department Director Mohammad Hamim told owners to issue notifications about outstanding tax payments.

"700 police officers will first issue a notice and give them two weeks to pay.

"Business premises will be sealed if they do not pay," he told reporters after today's taxation of the DBKL tax.

An empty space will be auctioned after a judicial action under Article 151 of the 1976 Law on Local Self-Government.

Mohammad said that 25 business premises due to taxes of RM1.6 million were sealed in the operation carried out today at Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman.

"For rooms with huge unpaid payments, we confiscate some of the items in them.

"They will also have to pay 30% of the unpaid amount. They are given seven weeks to go to the head office to pay the remaining 70%.

"If they do not, the remaining things in their premises will be confiscated," he said.

Source link