Saturday , June 3 2023

The tourist is dying of a frenzy after being bitten by a cat


When we go on vacation, we often tend to want to separate and pay less attention than usual. This is the case with a British tourist who approached a wild cat fairly shortly during a holiday in Morocco and was bitten. He contracted a rage before he died on Monday, November 12th.

Avoid contact with animals that are struggling

This death has been announced by the British Health Agency Public Health England, which has taken the opportunity to warn other tourists about the security measures to be respected. "All travelers in countries affected by rash should avoid contact with dogs, cats and other animals as much as possible and seek advice on the need for a vaccine before traveling."

Unfortunately, the tourist was not vaccinated on time. "It's important to be quick to take care and vaccinate, in which case the person did not get the vaccine on time," said Jimmy Vhitvorth, a professor at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine.

The vaccine exists

In the world, a person dies every three minutes of frenzy. However, there is a rabies vaccine and treats 100% of the patient. On World Shaving Day, on September 28, the World Health Organization (VHO) announced a video clip reminding that this vaccine can save lives.

A baby virus is present in the saliva of some animals, such as dogs or cats at the end of the disease. Virus transmission usually occurs when it is bitten by a contaminated animal, scratched or licked on a curved skin or a mucous membrane. Transfer from person to person is extremely rare.

The virus is almost always fatal

The virus will affect the nervous system. If not treated immediately, the patient will begin to have difficulty swallowing (dysphagia) and develop neuropsychiatric disorders such as anxiety or anxiety after a few days or months of incubation.

The patient falls into the coma before succumbing to respiratory arrest. This fatal outcome is almost systematic and affects 59,000 people every year. In 2004, a young American girl survived the virus. An exceptional case that remained inexplicable.

Are you interested in this topic? Come to discuss our forum!

Source link