The incident took place in Rigge, which is located in the municipality of Moss in Østfold.
– One person was stabbed several times, says operative manager Finn Howard Aas in the eastern police district for TV 2 at 11.15 pm.
Upon arrival at the scene of the accident, the police provided first aid, which saved the life, describing the victim as “seriously injured”.
Shortly before midnight, Aas informs that the man was transported to Ulleval Hospital by ambulance.
– Based on that, it can be considered serious, because it is transported to Ulleval, and not to an ambulance or a local hospital, says the operational manager.
At 00.17 the police report that the suspected perpetrator has been arrested, after an extensive search with large resources in the area.
– Arrested person, suspected perpetrator. We are not looking for more at the moment, says on-site operations manager Arve Hermansen.
The relationship between the parties
The task manager says that there is a relationship between the perpetrator and the victim, which helps to strengthen the suspicion towards the person they arrested.
– There is a relationship between the injured and the perpetrator, so there is no danger as we see for others in the area. So this is not an accidental victim, Hermansen says.
He says that helicopters, dogs and police cars were also looking for the suspected perpetrator, who was arrested in the immediate vicinity of the crime scene.
– As we can see now, it happened in a hotel here on the site, says Hermansen.
The arrest passed without drama.
The Eastern Police District states that it was informed about the incident at 10:33 p.m.
# Rigge 22:33 A person was stabbed in Rigge. Emergency services are on the spot, and the person is taken care of by the medical staff. Police are looking for a possible perpetrator.
– Police in the East (@politietost) October 15, 2021
TV 2 follows the case.